Mercedes Repair in Fremont, CA
Mercedes Benz News
All Mercedes Benz vehicles from 1998 and newer are on a flexible service system.
All of those cars require synthetic motor oil only.
All service intervals are usually at or around 10,000 miles.
There are two types of flexible services your car will require when service is due; a wrench symbol will appear in your instrument cluster counting down towards your next service.
1 Wrench – A Service
2 Wrenches – B Service
Brake fluid should be replaced every two years, preferably in spring time. Brake fluid must meet factory specifications.
Coolant should be checked for sufficient protection before the start and during the hot and cold seasons.
According to factory guidelines coolant must be replaced every three years.
Dust filter should be replaced at the scheduled service. When car is exposed to severe dust conditions or when climate control is operating in the air circulation mode, the dust filter should be replaced more frequently.
Activated charcoal filter require replacement every 45,000 miles or 2 years.
Fuel filters require replacement every 60,000 miles.
Spark Plug Intervals:
- 4 Cylinder Engines-Every 30,000 miles or 4 Years
- Straight Six Engines-Every 45,000 miles or 4 Years
- 119V8 4 Engines-Every 60,000 miles or 4 Years
- V12 Engines-Every 60,000 miles or 4 Years
- 112 V6 Engines-Every 100,000 miles or 4 Years
- 113 V8 Engines-Every 100,000 miles or 4 Years
- 272V6 Engines- Every 91,000 Miles or 5 Years
- 273V8 Engines- Every 91,000 Miles or 5 Years